Are you struggling to pay off your debts? No matter how much you owe, stress from overwhelming debt can have lasting effects on your health, your family and your financial situation. We want to help you create a plan to get out of debt once and for all.
To get you started, we’ve included a list of debt help resources, available through our site, focused on answering your questions and finding solutions to dealing with debt.
If you need help with your debts, contact us to schedule a free consultation with a licensed insolvency trustee. We can review your situation and explain all of your debt relief options, including bankruptcy alternatives.
Let us help you with your debt.
Student Debt Help
More than one in eight insolvencies in Canada involve student debt which an average balance still outstanding after many years of student loan payments of almost $14,000. Read these blog posts if you need help dealing with student debt.
- Paying off student loan debt (infographic)
- A guide to student loan debt relief options
- What is the difference between repaying a student loan and a student line of credit?
- Student loans and the Bankruptcy & Insolvency Act
- Can student loans be included in a consumer proposal?
Tax Debt Help
Not surprisingly almost half of all clients we help have a tax debt at the time of their filing. This can include income taxes, HST and payroll deductions or EI overpayments due to Canada Revenue Agency.
- An in-depth look at tax debt solutions (podcast)
- How can I deal with my tax debts? (infographic)
- A guide to dealing with tax debt and CRA
- What does Canada Revenue Agency want in a tax settlement?
Payday Loan Debt Help
Payday loans are often used as a way to help keep up because you have too many other debt payments consuming a large percentage of your paycheque. Dealing with your existing debt is a better solution.
- How can I get help with my payday loans?
- What are some alternatives to payday loans?
- What can I do if a payday loan company is threatening to garnishee my wages?
Credit Card Debt Help
Paying only the minimum payment on your credit cards means you will not get out of debt any time soon. If you are struggling with minimum payments, here some ways to get help with your credit card debt:
- How expensive is credit card debt? (infographic)
- Why credit cards are so dangerous
- Is it a good idea to get a credit card during bankruptcy?
Debt Consolidation Help
Getting a debt consolidation loan to solve your debt problems sounds easy but you may not qualify or the cost may be too high. Here is some information that can help you decide.
- Should I get a debt consolidation loan? (video)
- What is the right way to consolidate debt? (podcast)
- What can I do if my debt consolidation fails?
Dealing With Creditors
If creditors are pursuing you – calling, sending demand letters or perhaps even threatening legal action – you do have options that can help alleviate the threat.