Hoyes Michalos has been helping people with credit and debt problems since 1999. Our goal is to help you become debt free.
If you are struggling with debt payments and dealing with creditors we can help you:
- Stop frequent and aggressive calls from debt collectors
- Stop creditor actions like lawsuits and wage garnishments
- Consolidate your debts into one monthly payment
- Provide you with the lowest cost alternative to get out of debt
How our credit counselling program works
- We start by conducting a full review of your personal financial situation and budget.
- We explain all your financial options including:
- Budgeting your way out of debt
- Applying for a debt consolidation loan
- Repaying your debts through a debt management plan
- Making a deal to settle your debts with your creditors
- We help you develop a plan to repay your debts that you can afford.
A better debt consolidation program
As Licensed Insolvency Trustees, Hoyes Michalos can offer a program called a consumer proposal. There is no need to refer you to another company – we can do this for you directly in our Sarnia credit counselling office.
A consumer proposal is the only debt solution that allows you to consolidate all your unsecured debts and repay less than you owe. A traditional debt management plan requires you to pay back all of your debts plus a fee, usually an extra 10%. With Hoyes Michalos, if a consumer proposal is the right solution for you, you can save up to 70% and there are no extra fees. For those who cannot afford to repay their debts, a consumer proposal is the best debt consolidation program available.
If you enroll in a consumer proposal, you will receive two, free credit counselling sessions with a certified credit counsellor as part of the program. These sessions are to teach you how to manage a budget, use credit wisely and rebuild your credit. If you want a free third session, we are happy to provide that as well.
And while we can offer bankruptcy as a solution, that is seldom necessary. Less than 10% of the people we help need to file bankruptcy. We’ll only suggest that option if there is no other alternative.
Get Credit & Debt Counselling from a Licensed Professional
Licensed Insolvency Trustees are the only federally regulated, and licensed, credit and debt counsellors in Canada.
- We are experts in debt relief in Ontario.
- We are real people. When you call us during normal business hours you will talk to a live person, not voice mail.
- You always meet with a licensed credit counsellor – in person, not just over the phone.
Our counselling begins with a free, no-obligation consultation. Take the first step, contact us today to find out how we can help you become debt free.