Scott brings his previous background in sales, marketing, and business development to making clients feel as comfortable as possible in trusting our advice and solutions under difficult circumstances. He is a regular author for Macleans, Moneysense and Canadian Business magazines, focusing on consumer debt issues. He is a frequent media commentator, appearing regularly on the Business News Network (BNN) TV and various radio broadcasts. He has also contributed to such publications as The Globe and Mail, The Toronto Star, The National Post, and The Walrus, among others.
Scott has been a guest on popular personal finance podcasts and a frequent guest speaker for a number of groups, associations and businesses. Scott works from our Toronto Yonge & Bloor and Toronto Downtown location.
- BA, University of Waterloo, 1993
- QIC (BIA Qualified Insolvency Counsellor), 2010
- Commissioner for Taking Affidavits, 2012-Present
- Certified BIA Estate Administrator, 2013
- CPCA (Certified Professional Consultant on Aging), 2016
- Ontario Ministry of Ag, Food & Rural Affairs, 1993-1996
- John Deere Canada, 1996-2010
- Cooper & Co. Ltd. Licensed Insolvency Trustee, 2010-2018
- Hoyes, Michalos & Associates, 2018-Present