We Can Help You Get Out Of Debt
We focus solely on helping individuals. We are not a big accounting firm. You meet personally with one of our licensed trustees who are dedicated to understanding your situation and what you need.
At Hoyes Michalos you will meet with an expert licensed by the government of Canada with many years’ experience, in one of our conveniently located offices.
Since we opened our doors in 1999 we have helped over 40,000 residents of Ontario find debt relief.
We are Licensed Insolvency Trustees and Consumer Proposal Administrators. We can help:
- Stop collection calls
- Stop legal action
- Stop wage garnishments (even if they have already started)
- Eliminate your debt
Give us 30 minutes, and we will give you a Plan to Be Debt Free.
Call Us Today For Your Debt Free Plan 1-866-747-0660
Our Mission Statement
We believe that financial problems can happen to anyone, at any time.
Our mission is to help you get back on track so that you can get on with your life.
Our vision is to be known throughout Ontario as the most knowledgeable and trustworthy insolvency professionals to help you build a successful plan to become debt free.
We sum all this up in our Debt Free in 30 program where we review your options and help you develop a plan to become debt free.
Why Choose Hoyes Michalos?
Choosing a Licensed Insolvency Trustee is a very personal decision. While all trustees are licensed to provide bankruptcy and consumer proposal services and as such must follow the same rules, you need to know your trustee is someone you can work with – before, during and after you sign up.
So what makes Hoyes Michalos different? Why should you trust us to be your Licensed Insolvency Trustee?
At Hoyes Michalos we provide personalized, experienced, caring debt management advice that will help you build a stronger financial future.
Here is what we promise:
- You’ll meet with a licensed professional, not a sales person or administrator. Our firm, and all of our bankruptcy trustees, are licensed by the federal government of Canada (Now referred to as Licensed Insolvency Trustees). We want your bankruptcy to be as straight forward as possible, so before you sign your paperwork you will meet with a licensed trustee with many years of experience (not just a sales clerk). Some other trustee firms have a “sales team” whose job is to get you to sign as quickly as possible, and only at the very end do you meet with a trustee. We’ll meet with you for as long, or as many times as you need.
- All consultations are free. You make no upfront payments. You don’t make any payments unless, and until, you file. Many people we help do not even need our services. They get the same careful, friendly advice about how best to proceed to deal with their debts and don’t ever pay anything. You only make payments once your bankruptcy or proposal is filed with us and you receive the creditor protection you need.
- Each of our offices is managed by a dedicated, local trustee. We are committed to our communities. In addition to supporting community involvement, our local trustees live and work in or near the communities they serve so they understand local issues. You meet with someone vested in your community. Our trustees don’t travel far across Ontario to meet with someone and then leave. You always know who the trustee is in every one of our offices. That means if you ever have a question during your bankruptcy, you know you will be speaking with your trustee, the person you met and signed up with.
- You get custom tailored expert advice. Our team has a proven track record. In fact, 99% of all consumer proposals we file are accepted by the creditors
- We won’t force you to make a decision. Our job is to provide you with expert advice about your options. We’ll review all possible solutions with you, provide the pros and cons of each alternative. You may not even need to file bankruptcy. Regardless, no-one will pressure you to make a decision. You’re completely in charge of the choice about how, or if, you want to proceed.
- In addition to your trustee, you have access to our entire team. Some trustees assign you to an “estate administrator”, and that person is your only point of contact. If they happen to be on vacation or off work today, you don’t have to wait until they return. At Hoyes Michalos we have over 70 people available to help you, so when you call during normal office hours you get to talk to a live person who has full access to your file, and can answer your questions. We even give you the direct extensions for our payments, statements and tax department so you can bypass our live receptionist and go directly to the person who can help you immediately.
- We are real people. When you call us during normal business hours you will talk to a live person, not voice mail. We do not have an automated reception except when closed. Can’t talk on the phone while you are at work? No problem. Unlike other trustees that only give you a phone number to call, we also give you the email addresses and direct extensions of our various departments and important team members, so you can email our staff and get immediate answers.
- You always have easy access to your trustee. Of course you always have your trustee’s personal email address and phone number so you can contact your trustee if you have any questions or issues.
- We offer a convenient, pre-authorized payment system. Most trustee firms require you to pay by post-dated cheque. At Hoyes Michalos, we won’t make you write out a lot of post-dated cheques; we handle all payments electronically.
- In addition, we offer flexible payment dates. We aren’t the only trustee that processes pre-authorized payments, but many other trustees operate like your hydro company: they tell you that your payment will be due on a set date each month. We don’t do it that way. We allow you to pick your payment date and frequency, and that’s the date your payment will be taken. If you get paid weekly on a Thursday, no problem; we will divide your monthly payment into weekly amounts and take your payment directly from your bank account every Thursday. No more worries.
- You benefit from our exclusive fresh start program. All trustees can help you eliminate debt, but we take it one step further: we want to give you a fresh start. Like all trustees we offer credit counselling while you are bankrupt or during your consumer proposal, but it doesn’t end there: once your bankruptcy or proposal is finished we offer, for free, our Fresh Start program, which includes access to our exclusive website material with free information on how to get your credit report, how to correct errors on your credit report, and how to re-build your credit.
But don’t just take our word for it. At Hoyes Michalos a significant percentage of our clients come to us referred from satisfied clients.
We welcome all your bankruptcy and consumer proposal questions and invite you to connect with one of our dedicated and professional team members today.
We meet with individuals from every walk of life every day including those from a diverse cultural background and individuals with disabilities. Our policy is to treat people with respect and consideration and look for ways to provide our services in a safe, secure and professional manner.
We Support a Living Wage
Hoyes Michalos is proud to be a Living Wage Employer.
As Licensed Insolvency Trustees, we see the impact of the average Ontarian struggling paycheque to paycheque and relying on debt to make ends meet. As an employer, Hoyes Michalos has made the commitment that all direct and indirect staff working at Hoyes Michalos will receive a living wage.