Debt Free in 30 is a podcast where every week Doug Hoyes talks to industry experts about debt, money and personal finance, with an emphasis on practical advice.
Debt Free in 30 is available for free in podcast format at the iTunes store and on Stitcher and Spotify and on every other smartphone and computer podcasting app that accepts RSS feeds. Subscribe now and never miss a show!
Debt Free in 30 – Season 4
- September 2: Season 4 Premiere: We are not Netflix, but….
- September 9: Is Your Student Debt Sustainable?
- September 16: How Our Emotions Can Lead to Debt Problems
- September 23: Laid off at Age 47 with The Big Cajun Man
- September 30: Debt Should Come with a Health & Safety Warning
- October 7: How to Get Ready for Higher Mortgage Interest Rates with Brent Hughes
- October 14: Life Happens, and Not Always The Way We Expect
- October 21: A House Does Not Guarantee Financial Security
- October 28: What is an RDSP? Do I Lose my RDSP if I go bankrupt? with The Big Cajun Man
- November 4: Financial Literacy Month: Why the Government’s Approach Won’t Work
- November 11: A Reader Disagrees with Myth #4 from Straight Talk on Your Money – Big Argument Ensues….
- November 18: What income can be garnisheed?
- November 25: Let’s Call a Spade a Spade: Credit is Debt
- December 2: 10 Personal Finance Books that Make Great Gifts
- December 9: Never Loan Money to Family and Friends
- December 16: The Perfect Christmas with Heather Cudmore
- December 23: How to Avoid Being House Poor
- December 30: Seeds of a Debt Crisis: 2017 Debt Statistics and 2018 Predictions
- January 6: Which Debts Should you Pay First?
- January 13: The Wealthy Renter with Alex Avery
- January 20: Minimum Payments are Keeping you in Debt
- January 27: How to Pay Down Massive Debt: A Realistic Approach
- February 3: Talking Out Loud About Debt with Scott Terrio
- February 10: How to Use Loyalty Programs to Balance Your Budget
- February 17: The Rule of 72 with Ted Michalos
- February 24: Why Payday Loans Won’t Go Away
- March 3: A Balanced Look at the Real Estate Market with Scott Ingram
- March 10: Debt: Why is No-One Listening with Gail Vaz-Oxlade, Kerry K. Taylor, and Robert Brown
- March 17: 3 Types of Bankruptcies We Expect in 2018 with Scott Terrio
- March 24: Why it’s Difficult to Prevent On-line Fraud with Rafael Laurenco
- March 31: Can I rent an apartment after bankruptcy?
- April 7: Why More Women are Filing Bankruptcy
- April 14: Can Blockchain Technology Save the Credit Score System?
- April 21: The 80/20 Rule of Money Management
Debt Free in 30 – Season 3
For a complete list of all of our Debt Free in 30, Season 3 episodes, visit our Season 3 Archive. Click on the links below to hear rebroadcasts of some of our best shows from season three:
- July 8: REBROADCAST: Why You Should Never Loan Money to Family or Friends
- July 15: Bankruptcy Myths with Leigh Taylor
- July 22: REBROADCAST: The Canadian Economy and Household Debt with David Bond, PhD
- July 29: REBROADCAST: Why we Expect Tighter, More Expensive Mortgage Markets with Bed Rabidoux
- August 5: REBROADCAST: Everything You Were Afraid to Ask About Debt
- August 12: REBROADCAST: How One Man Retired Debt Free at Age 48 with Bob Lassaline
- August 19: REBROADCAST: Burn Your Mortgage with Sean Cooper
- August 26: Why I wrote Straight Talk on Your Money
Debt Free in 30 – Season 2
For a complete list of all of our Debt Free in 30, Season 2 episodes, visit our Season 2 Archive. Click on the links below to hear rebroadcasts of some of our best shows from season two:
- BEST OF SHOW – Season 2 Show 96 – How to decide if you should buy or rent a house
- BEST OF SHOW – Season 2 Show 72 – Is Making a Budget a Waste of Time?
- BEST OF SHOW – Season 2 Show 98 – 4 Easy Steps to Save Money with Nicole Olsen
- BEST OF SHOW – Season 2 Show 101 – Pay down debt or invest in your RRSP?
- BEST OF SHOW – Season 2 Show 102 – Crushing Debt – Why Canadians Should Drop Everything and Pay Off Debt with David Trahair
- BEST OF SHOW – Season 2 Show 77 – Change your Debt Perspective with Robert Brown
- BEST OF SHOW – Season 2 Show 89 – Is the Canadian Real Estate Bubble About to Burst with Hilliard Macbeth
Debt Free in 30 – Season 1
For a complete list of all of our Debt Free in 30, Season 1 episodes, visit our Season 1 Archive. Click on the links below to hear rebroadcasts of some of our best shows from season one:
- BEST OF SHOW – Season 1, Show 27: How to Prepare for Maternity Leave with Christi Posner
- BEST OF SHOW – Season 1, Show 2: Bag Lady Fears with Lee Anne Davies
- BEST OF SHOW – Season 1, Show 4: Credit Counselling with Heather Cudmore
- BEST OF SHOW – Season 1, Show 3: Talking Debt with Gail Vaz-Oxlade
- BEST OF SHOW – Season 1, Show 19: Clean up your Debt Mess
- BEST OF SHOW – Season 1, Show 5: Findependence with Jonathan Chevreau