BA, MAcc, CPA, CA, CIRP Licensed Insolvency Trustee
Ian is a Licensed Insolvency Trustee and Chartered Accountant. He’s also a dedicated family man and part-time baseball coach. As a resident of the Waterloo Region for over 20 years, Ian’s goal is to help people in his community overcome financial hardship and build a more stable future.
Ian understands that every one of his clients has a different story and life experience. He takes time to learn about his clients’ money problems, so he can put together a customized debt solution. Ian’s particular area of interest is in tax debt. He spent several years working at Canada Revenue Agency, so he is our go-to specialist when it comes to issues with the tax man.
As the trustee and Consumer Proposal Administrator in our Kitchener office, Ian has helped thousands of hard-working individuals eliminate their debt since 2009.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Honours Chartered Accountancy – University of Waterloo, 1997
- Master of Accounting (MAcc) – University of Waterloo, 1998
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) – Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario, 2000
- CIRP (Chartered Insolvency Restructuring Professional), 2012
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee and Consumer Proposal Administrator, Government of Canada, 2013
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, 1997 – 2000
- ATS Automation Tooling Systems Inc., 2000 – 2002
- Canada Revenue Agency, 2002 – 2008
- Hoyes, Michalos & Associates Inc., 2009 – present