Joel understands the stress of debt problems because he experienced it first-hand at a young age. He loves that now it’s his job to help individuals in his community conquer their debt troubles too.
Before joining the team at Hoyes, Michalos, Joel was a credit counsellor for six years at a local, non-profit credit counselling agency. There, he taught his clients about budgeting and sound money management.
Since 2013, Joel has been the Licensed Insolvency Trustee and Consumer Proposal Administrator in our London and Sarnia offices. His favourite part about being a LIT is seeing his clients’ financial journeys and helping them move forward with a better life. Joel has also spent the majority of his life in the London and St. Thomas area, so he is better able to appreciate challenges in his community.
- BA in Management Economics, University of Guelph, 1996
- Certified Insolvency Counsellor, 2003
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee and Consumer Proposal Administrator, Government of Canada, 2013
- Morlee Corporation, 1999 – 2002
- London Life, 2002 – 2003
- Family Services, Thames Valley, 2003 – 2009
- Hoyes, Michalos & Associates Inc., 2009 – present