Joel came to Hoyes, Michalos in 2009 bringing with him six years of experience as a Credit Counsellor with a not-for-profit credit counselling agency. Achieving his trustee license in 2013, Joel truly enjoys helping people understand their financial options and discover a plan that will finally help them live debt-free.
Having experienced overwhelming debt himself before embarking on his career as a Credit Counsellor, Joel understands the stress of dealing with debt and knows that developing a plan is the best way to find relief.
- BA in Management Economics, University of Guelph, 1996
- Certified Insolvency Counsellor, 2003
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee and Consumer Proposal Administrator, Government of Canada, 2013
- Morlee Corporation, 1999 – 2002
- London Life, 2002 – 2003
- Family Services, Thames Valley, 2003 – 2009
- Hoyes, Michalos & Associates Inc., 2009 – present