Bank: PC Financial – “PC Money Account”
Website: PC Money Account
Last Updated: February 24 2021
The PC Money Account is an online, self-serve bank account linked with a MasterCard Debit bank access card. You can pay bills electronically, and receive electronic payments, but you cannot write or deposit cheques. The account offers access to Mobile Banking, and Web Banking with registration through PC Financial.
The offer for the PC Money Account is earning PC Points each time you use the PC Money Mastercard (10 Optimum points for each $1)– there are bonus points at registration for making a purchase within the first 3 months, linking a bank account from another financial institution, and setting up automatic payroll to the PC Money Account with 3 deposits.
Table of Contents
How to open a bank account
- Click “Get Started” or “Start Earning More Points”
- Begin filling in required information, to get set up you should have the following information on hand such as:
- Your intended use of the account
- If you need overdraft protection ($5 monthly, 19% interest)
- Name, Date of Birth, Address, Phone Number, Email
- SIN is optional.
- Employment status
- Are you a Canadian Tax Resident?
- Do you pay taxes in another country (e.g., US)?
The government-issued Canadian ID that is accepted: Driver’s Licence, Provincial/Territorial Photo ID Card, and Passport or Permanent Resident Card. Identity is verified digitally, with the use of a Smartphone.
- No Monthly Fee
- No Minimum Balance
- No-Fee Transaction Purchases
- No-Fee Online Purchases
- Optional Overdraft Protection
- Unlimited ATM Withdrawals at PC Financial ATMs
- Unlimited Bill Payments
- Online Statements, Bill Payments, and Transfers
- Free to Send & Receive Interac e-Transfer
- No Cheques Available (As of February 24, 2021) so you cannot write or deposit cheques
- PC Bank is a member of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation
- No Monthly Fee, No Minimum Balance
- Optional Overdraft Protection Fee – $5.00, Overdraft Interest 19%
- Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) – $40.00 fee
- Assisted Transaction via Customer Service Representative – $1.00 (applies per transaction)
- Foreign Exchange Transaction Fee – 2.5% of the transaction amount
- Non-PC Financial ATM – $1.50 (Domestic), $3.00 (International)
- Free Interac e-Transfers, a $3.50 fee applies to cancelling e-Transfers
- Bill Payment Tracing – $15.00
- Bill Payment Recall – $24.00
- Printed Copies of Previous Account Statement – $5.00
- Card Replacement – $5.00
- Inactivity Fee – $20.00 per year of inactivity
How To Get a Void Cheque or Pre-Authorized Payment Form
Login to your PC Financial Money Account via: https://secure.pcfinancial.ca/en/login
Click on “Dashboard” you should see your account at a glance
Click “Show Details
Click “Fund Account”
Scroll to “Method 3 – Set Up Direct Deposit”
Click “View Printable Version” to download a PDF