Table of Contents
Updated April 1, 2021 (information subject to change, so please go to Simplii’s website for current information).
Last Updated: February 8, 2021 (information subject to change, so please go to Simplii’s website for current information).
Simplii Financial is currently offering $200.00 if you open a new no-fee chequing account by October 31st, 2021. To be eligible for the offer, you must add a $100.00 (minimum) direct deposit into the account (ie. payroll, pension, or other income sources) and keep it for at least three months.
How to Open a Bank Account:
- To open a new bank account, apply online here.
- You may be asked to verify your identity. Simplii will send you an email instructing you to bring a valid government-issued ID that shows both your signature and address to your nearest Canada Post location for verification.
- No monthly fees with no minimum balance required
- Unlimited debits, bill payments and withdrawals
- Free Interace-Transfer®
- Free personal cheques
- Face recognition integration for login through mobile banking app
- Deposit cheques through mobile banking app
- Link your Debit card to your mobile wallet – compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
- Overdraft protection available
- Investment Products (TFSA, RRSP, GIC etc)
- Convenient contact hours, available 24 hours a day by phone. Call 1-888-723-8881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refer a friend program. Receive $50.00 bonus cash when a friend joins using your unique referral link (sign onto your online banking account and select “Refer a friend” to obtain your unique referral link)
- Interact e-transfer stop payment – $3.50
- Stop payment – $10.00 when full payee details are provided; $15.00 when no details provided
- NSF Fee – $45.00
- ABM withdrawals
- Free at all CIBC machines throughout Canada
- $1.50 fee applies for all other machines in Canada
- $3.00 fee applies for all machines outside of Canada
- 2 year inactivity fee – $20.00 per year
To Get a Void Cheque or Pre-Authorized Payment Form
From the home screen, click your chequing account (this won’t work for a savings account) and go to Account Summary > Transaction History and then select Void Cheque: