It is also possible to visit the office of the credit reporting agency to get a free copy of your credit report. Be prepared to bring identification noted below.
If you are in Toronto, you can go to Equifax and get an Equifax credit report in person.
Equifax is located at 5700 Yonge Street (North west corner of Yonge and Finch). There is direct access from the Finch subway station.
The kiosk is located on the concourse level behind the escalators. Make sure you have the following with you:
- all addresses that you lived at for the last 3 years
- 2 pieces of ID including one with your current address
This is from their website: You must provide copies of 2 pieces of government-issued identification (such as a driver’s license, health card, birth certificate or passport). If neither piece of government-issued identification shows your current home address, you must also submit a copy of an additional document that shows your address (such as a recent telephone or utilities bill, or a bank or credit card statement). You may black out transaction details on a bill or statement, as long the copy clearly shows the date of the document, the sender, your name and address, and your account number.
DISCLAIMER: This information was current as of June, 2014, and may be out of date by the time you read this. We take no responsibility if Equifax moves their office, or is closed when you arrive. Long wait times are also possible.
TransUnion’s Ontario branch is located at 3115 Harvester Road, Suite 201, Burlington, Ontario. Their offices are open from 9:00am-5:00 pm.
Bring two pieces of identification from the list below. From their website the combined pieces must contain your name, current address, date of birth and signature.
Acceptable primary identification
One piece of valid, non-expired Canadian Government-issued identification. Examples include:
- Drivers license
- Canadian Passport
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Birth Certificate
- Permanent Resident card
- Citizenship and Immigration form
- Health card (excluding provinces of ON, MB, PEI)
- Old Age Security card
- Department of National Defence card
- Provincial photo ID
Additional pieces of acceptable identification
- Utility bill indicating current address
- Credit card statement indicating current address
- Signed credit card (both sides)
- CNIB card
- Social Insurance card
- T4 slip (current tax year)
- Notice of Assessments (current tax year)
- GST/HST Refunds (current tax year)
- Child Tax Benefits (current tax year)