As you eliminate your old debt, you can begin the process of repairing your credit. It is possible to start rebuilding credit during and after a bankruptcy or consumer proposal. To help we have put together a comprehensive credit rebuilding guide to help you. Click on the links to learn more about any of these topics.
Prefer this in ebook form? You can download a copy of our credit rebuilding ebook here.
Understanding Credit Reporting
- Top 10 Tips for Improving your Credit Report
- What does good credit look like?
- What’s on your credit report?
- How is a bankruptcy or proposal reported on my credit report?
- When should my bankruptcy or consumer proposal be removed?
- What Affects Your Credit Score?
- What Credit Score Do I Need?
4 Steps to Rebuilding Credit
- How to get a free copy of your credit report.
- How to correct errors on your credit report.
- Establishing a new and better credit history.
- Keeping your new accounts in good standing.
Other Important Rebuilding Questions
Outside companies like to offer ‘programs’ to help you repair credit. They come in many forms like savings loans and loans to pay off your proposal early. Most of these programs cost more than the benefits they provide however you can read more to decide what’s right for you here: