When you mail in your credit report request form to Equifax and TransUnion a human being will review it and reject it if it is not readable or complete, so please ensure that you:
- print neatly; if they can’t read your writing, they will ignore the request;
- submit two pieces (photocopy the front and back) of government I.D.
- the photocopies must be clear and readable;
- one of the IDs must have your current address (like a driver’s license);
- if you don’t have ID with a current address, in addition to your two pieces of ID, include a utility bill or other invoice with your address on it.
- Complete the Equifax Credit Request Form available online from Equifax (found here).
- Mail or fax your completed form, with photocopies of the required identification to:
National Consumer Relations
P.O. Box 190, Station Jean-Talon
- Complete the TransUnion Credit Request Form (found here).
- Mail your completed form, with photocopies of the required identification to:
Consumer Relations Centre
PO Box 338 LCD1
Hamilton, Ontario L8L 7W2